Pat Summitt’s Definite Dozen
CRC gets donated books now and again and one written by former Tennessee Lady Vols Coach Pat Summitt caught my eye (how sad to even have to write “former” in that sentence). In the book, Reach for the Summit, she lists a Definite Dozen she refers to when she needs to reaffirm what’s really important in life.
Here they are:
1. Respect yourself and others
2. Take full responsibility
3. Develop and demonstrate loyalty
4. Learn to be a great communicator
5. Discipline yourself so no one else has to
6. Make hard work your passion
7. Don’t just work hard, work smart
8. Put the team before yourself
9. Make winning an attitude
10. Be a competitor
11. Change is a must
12. Handle success like you handle failure
Maybe one more. Lead by example. She certainly has.